AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overwrite Hosted Table

Question asked by BrianK on Apr 1, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2020 by bck2_cdcarcgis

Hi,  I'm having trouble overwriting a hosted table using the python api in Jupyter Notebooks.

I've logged in to the organizational account in the script where I'm an administrator and here is the rest of the code

oldcsv = gis.content.get('ecc751eadabe43c083360c07bb7cghbc')

oldcsvFLC = FeatureLayerCollection.fromitem(oldcsv)

oldcsvFLC.manager.overwrite(r'C:\path\out4.csv')

And the response below.  This test was done on 40 records but I eventually want to use a dataset with >100,000

Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcome.  I simply want to update the hosted table which would be joined to a feature class of admin boundaries.  
Thanks
Brian
---------------------------------------------------------------------------Exception                                 Traceback (most recent call last)<ipython-input-51-7974c8cc0fe0> in <module>----> 1 oldcsvFLC.manager.overwrite(r'C:\path\out4.csv')~\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone1\lib\site-packages\arcgis\features\managers.py in overwrite(self, data_file)   1324         #region Perform overwriting   1325         if related_data_item.update(item_properties=params, data=data_file):-> 1326             published_item = related_data_item.publish(publish_parameters, overwrite=True)   1327             if published_item is not None:   1328                 return {'success': True}~\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone1\lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\__init__.py in publish(self, publish_parameters, address_fields, output_type, overwrite, file_type, build_initial_cache)   9030             return Item(self._gis, ret[0]['serviceItemId'])   9031         else:-> 9032             serviceitem_id = self._check_publish_status(ret, folder)   9033         return Item(self._gis, serviceitem_id)   9034  ~\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone1\lib\site-packages\arcgis\gis\__init__.py in _check_publish_status(self, ret, folder)   9257                     #print(str(job_response))   9258                     if job_response.get("status") in ("esriJobFailed","failed"):-> 9259                         raise Exception("Job failed.")   9260                     elif job_response.get("status") == "esriJobCancelled":   9261                         raise Exception("Job cancelled.")Exception: Job failed. 

Outcomes