Editing records via web form URL and feature views

03-12-2020 10:08 AM
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using the web form, and I'm trying to give public users the ability to add and update existing records without exposing sensitive data and internal notes to the entire public. Can public editing of existing records (via web form URL) be directed at a feature layer view?

Admittedly, I think the problem can be solved by requiring users to create an ArcGIS Online account, but we're trying to make it as easy as possible for our public community to participate without having to do so.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dante,

If you create the survey from web designer, you will see a fieldworker_view is created and referenced to your survey form, instead of the main feature service in your AGOL organization.

You then can control the permission of the submiiter and Viewer from the Collaborate tab on survey123 website.

Here is a post for how to secure your data for a public survey, which might be helpful:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/11/10/getting-started-with-public-surveys 

0 Kudos
DanteLee

Hi Shwu-jing,

Thanks for the response. I realize my question wasn't as specific as I originally thought. I want to clarify I've built the survey via Survey123 Connect, but am using the web form to access the survey. I'm familiar with the info and link you shared.

If it's possible to point to a fieldworker_view, is it possible to point to another feature layer view of our choice?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dante,

Please see this post and the recommendation to point the view you specify:

https://community.esri.com/thread/224620-allowing-public-edits-while-disabling-public-view-permissio... 

0 Kudos
DanteLee

Ooh - that's actually getting close to what I'm trying to achieve, but not quite - looks like the fields in the survey have to be available in the layer view as well (makes sense). But it's sparking some ideas - like having multiple surveys with different questions point to a single feature class with different views? Thanks for the direction

0 Kudos