AnsweredAssumed Answered

Export Shape File from Web Application

Question asked by ponderingtom on Mar 12, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2020 by taungesriaustralia-com-au-esridist

I have posted about this in the past with no luck. I'm getting desperate. Here's what I have:

Web Application with map powered by Javascript API version 3.x. I have a ArcGIS Server with a published mxd with a set of defined layers. On the Web Application, the user can perform a data query and the web application will create a graphics layer representing the query results that is added to the map on the browser.

I want the user to be able to click and download a spatial file with the current extent of the map with all displayed layers AND the layer representing the dynamically added graphics layer.

Simple question: is this even possible? If so, can somebody give me an idea of how. I looked into ExtractData, but ran into many issues with that just trying to extract the shape file from the layers on the server. I didn't even get as far as trying to get the dynamically created layer exported.

If I can't figure this out soon, I'm gonna take up brain surgery. I feel like that would be much easier.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes