Drag & Drop from ASP.Net Control

03-25-2011 05:06 AM
SteveO_Neil
New Contributor
I have a Visual Studio 2008 project designed to interface an ASP ListView control and ArcGIS base map. I want to be able to drag a ListView item and drop it on the map at a specific location. I have several examples using jQuery and ESRI javascript API, but have not had any success yet.

Not being a familiar with ArcGIS leaves me in the dark. Any suggestions welcomed
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roman_Net_Follower
New Contributor
Hello!
In my project I've had to implement the drag'n'drop functionality for graphic object using ArcGIS JavaScript API. I've posted it in my blog here - http://dotnetfollower.com/wordpress/2011/07/arcgis-javascript-api-how-to-implement-dragndropping-of-....
I'm not sure that it's what you need, but probably it can help.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
SteveO_Neil
New Contributor
I have a Visual Studio 2008 project designed to interface an ASP ListView control and ArcGIS base map. I want to be able to drag a ListView item and drop it on the map at a specific location. I have several examples using jQuery and ESRI javascript API, but have not had any success yet.

Not being a familiar with ArcGIS leaves me in the dark. Any suggestions welcomed

Its' been awhile since I originally posted this issues, but the only response was to a blog that no longer exists. Anyone else have any suggestions because I am still unable to complete this task.

Basically I have created the mashup, but when dragging and droppint listitem on the ArcMap display nothing appears to happen. What I need is a graphic to display at the coordinates and to update the database with the attributes (x/y coordinates).
0 Kudos