Select to view content in your preferred language

Flexnet Service not on PC

02-27-2020 04:23 AM
AidanMcGee
New Contributor

Hi

I have a user with ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 that will not open Arcgis Administratot

When you install Arcgis it will open the license manager after install and then you can input the license server details

however once you have completed this, it will not open again so you cannot borrow licenses

when i check Services.msc , their is no flexnet service listed

I installed the ArcGIS License manager onto it, and it worked, but as this was for a server i removed it. 

Can someone advice what can be done? can i install Flexnet service from someone 

thanks

Aidan McGee

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Aidan,

The Flexnet Licensing Service should be installed with ArcGIS Administrator.  If it's missing, you can install the service by installing the ArcGIS License Manager.  It is the same service installed with the ArcGIS Desktop.  The other issue is that you were not able to start the ArcGIS Administrator.  This should be able to start regardless the Flexnet Licensing Service was installed or not.  

In your situation, I would just reinstall ArcGIS Desktop and verify the Flexnet License Service was running once completed.  If not, just install the ArcGIS License Manager.  You can then remove the license manager if you want to.  The Flexnet Licensing Service should only uninstall you you remove the last ArcGIS application.  

0 Kudos