Multiple lists or "drop downs" for one field, possible?

02-06-2020 12:27 PM
DillonKubiatowicz
New Contributor II

I am creating a map to record data and locations of chemical spraying for noxious weeds throughout a county. Obviously the type and amount of chemical needs to be recorded each day.  I am trying to figure out the simplest way to record this as there is a possibility of using multiple chemicals in a tank.  I understand how to create lists for a field, but I am wondering if its possible to create more than one list or have multiple choices for a specific field? Example: I am using Round-Up (out of 4 choices of chemicals) and put 10 oz. in a specific tank. My field could be labeled "Chemicals" and the list associated with it could be the list of chemicals, but how could I enter in the amount as well?  Sorry for any confusion...thanks for the help. 

Dillon

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dillon Kubiatowicz‌,

Some ideas off the top of my head are to create a longer pick-list using coded value domains that have each value already created. e.g. Round-up 4 oz, Round-up 6oz, Round-up 8oz., etc. Otherwise you would need to use two fields to store the data. What field app are you planning to use for collecting data? This would also influence the data design; you may be interested in Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos