Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue using "recompute footprint by related geometry"

03-21-2011 12:53 PM
AmberMcDougall
New Contributor
I have built footprint files that I am trying to append to a previously created footprint overview file in a service. The was I was instructed to do this is to join the table from the new footprint shapefile to the footprint overview in the service based on a common attribute (in my case it is the file path), the use the "recompute footprint > by related geometry" tool to modify the footprint overview. This does not seem to work - the progress bar flashes for a split second and the script window says that it is complete, but the geometry in the footprint overview file is not updated. Am I missing a step?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor
I presume you are using Image Service Definitions in 9.3.1
It seems you are doing the link the wrong way. You need to join the Image Service Definition footprints to the new footprint geometry. IE right click on the Image Service Defintion footprint and then join this footprint to the new geometry feature class (shape file).
The tool uses selection sets so ensure that the records that you want to be replaced are selected (else none so that all records are processed). Check that the link between the ISDef footprints and the shape file containing the new footprints is correctly linked. Preferably have some other attribute in the new shape file and check that these are displayed as part of the footprint attribute table prior to running the tool.
0 Kudos