ArcGIS Pro logon error

Jump to solution
12-20-2019 07:32 AM
Dannyde_Groot
New Contributor II

When I am logging in with my social account (Google) from my ArcGIS Pro to my Organization, I get a Javascript error and I am unable to login. Anyone same issues or solutions? #ArcGIS Pro #javascript error #social account

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardAlden
Esri Contributor

We have published a workaround for ArcGIS Pro. Please see the Knowledge Base article 000022667. A similar workaround is forthcoming for ArcMap users.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

Are the Google account credentials the same as your AGOL credentials?

0 Kudos
Dannyde_Groot
New Contributor II

Hi Jacob,

Yes they are and logging in to my organization works perfectly.

0 Kudos
JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using and what exactly do you see when you try logging on? 

0 Kudos
Dannyde_Groot
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3 and I have included two screenshots.

JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

Interesting. Do these any of these bugs (Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.4—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation) apply to your situation?: 

BUG-000106357

Unable to make a connection from ArcGIS Desktop using database authentication login if the password contains the } character.

BUG-000116524

Currently borrowed ArcGIS Pro extensions do not allow other login accounts to use the extensions when disconnected from the License Manager.

If that doesn't work, I would see if it's possible to change my Google settings, like Content or Privacy sections (Settings > Show Advanced Settings)

0 Kudos
Dannyde_Groot
New Contributor II

Hi Jacob,

I do not have any special characters in my password and don not use a License Manager. My setup is a ArcGIS for Personal Use with a AGOL-organization.

I have also contacted Esri Support, they believe it is a Google JavaScript error and not related to ArcGIS Pro. I also think it is related to security enhancements from Google which is a good thing, but annoying for me.

I have requested Esri support if they can transform my account to a regular username/password account.

Regards,

Danny de Groot

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> downloaden

JacobBlankenship1
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem, was Esri able to fix the problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Dannyde_Groot
New Contributor II

Hi Jacob,

Esri has been busy with this problem, I have sent them a Fiddler trace of the network traffic. They believe the sign in process is attempting a two facor authentication. I have not enabled this for my Google account and am waiting for them to reply.

Regards,

Danny de Groot

0 Kudos
MadisonMays
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Esri Technical Support has logged BUG-000127774 Signing into ArcGIS Pro with an ArcGIS Online account that uses Google to sign in fails with the errors "An error has occurred in the script on this page" and "Google couldn't sign you in." We are currently looking into this issue. If you encounter this issue, I encourage that you submit a support ticket so that we can get you attached to this bug.

Thank you,

Madison