ArcGIS Pro Model Builder Model

03-02-2021 07:31 PM
Labels (2)
KBNehru
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a model that creates two buffers (100m and 450m). Each buffer zone intersects a Zone (polygon Feature Class) and summarises results per zone into two tables. 

The second model that deletes buffers and summary tables

When I run first model, how to run second model first followed by first model.  I have raised it with ESRI Support. I just got only generic help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, although:

Add a submodel to a model—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

You may also be best to just write your data to a memory workspace rather than create stuff you need a second model to then delete:

Write geoprocessing output to memory—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Or... Python!

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

To re-state the problem, you want to delete the buffers and summary tables (Model 2), then create the buffers (Model 1). 

Easiest thing might be to put all this processing into a single model.  That way you can make last process in Model 2 a precondition of the first process in Model 1.  That would force operations to happen in the desired order.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
KBNehru
New Contributor

KBNehru_0-1615183408240.png

KBNehru_1-1615183454022.png

I am failing to understand where to call second prior to running first model.

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

A couple of different ways you can approach this.

1)  Don't break it into two models like that.  There is no real reason to have two separate models.  Take the operations you are currently running in model 2 and copy them directly into model 1 so that EVERYHTING is happening within a single model.  Then make all that stuff you just copied in a precondition.  That would force it to run first WITHIN that single model.

2) Alternatively, call model 2 as a sub-model from within model 1.  See this link for how to do that:  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/modelbuilder/add-a-submodel-to-...

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos