Calcite Maps LayerList Issue

Jump to solution
12-20-2019 10:21 AM
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All

I am having an issue with Calcite maps Javascript and the 4.x LayerList widget using Android Chrome.  It seems that when the layer list widget has selectionEnabled: true - I am unable to turn the layers on/off and/or expand the layers in the widget.  I can reorder the layers without issue however.  This only seems to happen when the view is small as on a phone...it works fine when using a desktop browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Update: we will have this fixed for the Spring release (4.15), and the update should be available now on js-nextThank you again for reporting this issue. This sneak-peak app should work as expected: 

https://codepen.io/noash/pen/eYNpKLN 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael, could you provide some more information to reproduce the issue? Specifically, a link to a sample that you used, and the type and version of the Android device.

I tested with this sample:

LayerList widget - 4.14 

On a Samsung Galaxy s8 with Chrome, and it worked fine.

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook

Hi Noah,

Yes it works fine for me too on a Pixel 2 with default functionality, but, the same sample above and adding 'selectionEnabled: true' to the LayerList will not allow turning on/off layers or expanding the layers.  Reordering the layers works just fine however.  The 'selectionEnabled: true' property is the issue.  And it appears that it has nothing to do with Calcite.

Mike

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Gotcha. I can reproduce the issue now. Thanks for reporting this. We'll investigate and I'll update this thread when there is something to share.

MichaelSnook

Great!  Thanks Noah!  I look forward to hearing about a solution (or a temp work-around).

Mike

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Update: we will have this fixed for the Spring release (4.15), and the update should be available now on js-nextThank you again for reporting this issue. This sneak-peak app should work as expected: 

https://codepen.io/noash/pen/eYNpKLN 

MichaelSnook

Great! Thanks for the quick update!

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Welcome! Feel free to mark this question as answered if the js-next works for you.

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook

Hi Noah,

I've been testing this out a bit an noticed one odd thing.  It looks like the layerlist checkbox/visible icon has changed a bit.  Now when a layer is visible, the icon is a greyed-out eyeball with a slash through it and when it's visible it's a highlighted eyeball with a slash through it.  Is this the new UI/UX for the layer list in 4.15?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Ah yes, we updated the UI/UX for the LayerList and BasemapLayerList widgets. So if you're using js-next, you should see the new style. 

0 Kudos