AnsweredAssumed Answered

Prevent users from viewing content shared with My Organization

Question asked by kclark_SubTelForum on Dec 5, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2020 by PKlingman-esristaff

Here is my use case:

I have an operations Dashboard set up to display a bunch of data to a client outside of our company. We have viewer licenses for them. They need to be able to view all the data in the associated map layers in order for the Dashboard to be functional. However, we do not want them to be able to view all the layers and survey results in the Contents tab. We don't mind them seeing their data, but we're trying to keep the backend processes opaque.

Currently, I have custom groups and a user role set up such that when they click the "My Groups" tab under "Content" it only shows the dashboard. This is great, and eventually what we want to restrict their view to. However, clicking "My Organization" still displays all the individual layers/features used to populate the dashboard. This is what I would like to remove, but I don't see a way around it as if the feature is not shared with them it doesn't appear in their Dashboard view.

Hopefully I've made this clear, but please ask any clarifying questions if I haven't explained something well enough.

Outcomes