Alerts for Specific ArcGIS Server Service Log Codes

Jump to solution
11-14-2019 10:00 AM
JenniferMoczygemba1
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm looking for a way to alert on a specific ArcGIS Server MapServer log code and/or a specific process. For example, I have alerts set up for our Imagery Services' Configured State and for general Log Warnings. But, I want to be alerted when say a Code 103800 (LayerDrawingError) and/or Process 39916 shows up in the ArcGIS Server logs. The Severe alert is not enough at this time due to some other issues we need to address (false alarms as it were). Any ideas on how to accomplish this? The Python Extension may be my best bet, but I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - you would need to write a custom extension to get a specific log file error code and generate an alert. Tthe Python Extension from the ArcGIS Monitor Gallery may help you.   Search the web for python examples for reading the serves logs. An example is shown below.

Python Example sample code

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b9a48a966ef14e74940169331745270a 

Query the ArcGIS Server logs

Example: Query the ArcGIS Server logs—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - you would need to write a custom extension to get a specific log file error code and generate an alert. Tthe Python Extension from the ArcGIS Monitor Gallery may help you.   Search the web for python examples for reading the serves logs. An example is shown below.

Python Example sample code

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b9a48a966ef14e74940169331745270a 

Query the ArcGIS Server logs

Example: Query the ArcGIS Server logs—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

JenniferMoczygemba1
New Contributor II

Thanks, Michael, I appreciate the response and references to the code samples

0 Kudos