AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you create a mobile app from a map built in the web appbuilder?

Question asked by jea2@clemson.edu_Clemson on Oct 31, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2019 by rgrichards

I have a project I'm working on where I'd like to take a web app that I have already built and turn it into a mobile app. I realize you can open the web app on your phone but the format is not that great. I've been trying to use the appstudio but I'm not really getting anywhere. I'm just starting out using the appstudio also so it may just be that I don't know what I'm doing yet.

So far, I've been trying to do this using the Map Viewer Template since I'm not experienced with coding at this level. My main issue has that the web app doesn't show up in the appstudio. I have been experimenting in the settings and have been trying to input my web app id under settings>properties>gallery>map query.

I tested this with my base map and it shows up fine so I don't think its an issue with the map id or portal url or any other settings. Because of this, I'm thinking that it just isn't possible to view web apps the same way you can with simple maps in appstudio.

Can someone verify if this is true or not and if there are any strategies I can use to go around these limitations at all?

Thanks

Outcomes