AnsweredAssumed Answered

Docker Service stops when user signs out

Question asked by naari.aligeti on Oct 21, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2019 by cpawlyszyn-esristaff

I've recently installed ArcGIS Enterprise base deployement on server 1 and installed a Notebook server role on server 2. All documented steps performed, everything good to go, except, Notebooks won't open and I get this message almost every time I access notebook.

After great deal of further drilling by me and Esri support, we found out that Docker Desktop which was installed as a prerequisite for ArcGIS Notebook server stops when a user signs out of the machine where docker is installed. To test this, I logged on to the notebook server and then disconnected (not signed out) then tested the notebook url, it works like a charm.

Later, I've found out that I would need Docker Enterprise to remove the catch that a user needs to be logged on to the docker installed machine to keep Docker running that happens when Docker Desktop is used in place of Docker Enterprise. 

While I can always be logged on to the server, Is buying Docker Enterprise the only enterprise solution? Am I missing anything here?

Should I configure docker service to run as a service account?

Server specs:

Docker Specs:

Outcomes