Spatial Join with multipatch and point features

Jump to solution
10-18-2019 01:29 AM
MichaelMarz
New Contributor II

I have several single multipatch features representing buildings. For each building, there is a point feature at the same position with additional attributes. My objective is to spatial join the two feature classes to enrich the multipatch featureclass attribute table (of the buildings) with new information.

Spatial join does not accept multi patch feautures. Is there a way?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMarz
New Contributor II

It worked with the following workflow

1. Create a dedicated Join-ID-attribute, if not given
  2. Tool: multipatch to footprint
  3. Intersect with another feature class --> in my case: point feature class with additional attributes (Spatial Join would be a proper solution, too)
  4. Join point feature class and multipatch feature class by Join-ID-attribute
  5. Done: Multipatch feature class has new attributes from the point feature class

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

can you do an attribute join based on a common field... like an ID or building name field?

MichaelMarz
New Contributor II

It worked with the following workflow

1. Create a dedicated Join-ID-attribute, if not given
  2. Tool: multipatch to footprint
  3. Intersect with another feature class --> in my case: point feature class with additional attributes (Spatial Join would be a proper solution, too)
  4. Join point feature class and multipatch feature class by Join-ID-attribute
  5. Done: Multipatch feature class has new attributes from the point feature class
0 Kudos
mgeguner
New Contributor

hello, I can't dissolve for multipatches, I want to merge geometries like merge in edit, but I can't do that in python. is there a way

0 Kudos