No module named 'send_email'

Jump to solution
09-30-2019 09:32 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm attempting to run a script provided by ESRI that's used by as part of the Citizen Problem Reporter app to send email notifications via python and the Send Emails Tool.

I ran it in Jupyter Notebook, but it couldn't find the send_email module.

from send_email import EmailServer
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'send_email'

Can I download the module and install it from somewhere?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Jared... The script servicefunctions.py imports sendemail 

crowdsource-reporter-scripts/servicefunctions.py at master · Esri/crowdsource-reporter-scripts · Git... 

So I am not sure how it is all set up, but perhaps you might have to contact the authors or start and issue on GitHub if ho one follows here.

It might be worth while looking at the open or closed issues to see if there is something similar

Issues · Esri/crowdsource-reporter-scripts · GitHub 

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

found it here

crowdsource-reporter-scripts/send_email.py at master · Esri/crowdsource-reporter-scripts · GitHub 

in

GitHub - Esri/crowdsource-reporter-scripts: Scripts that can be used to extend the functionality of ... 

EmailServer is a class there-in

A copy of the script (assuming it is the same and current) to the folder where you are running your other script will allow for importing

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. "send_email" isn't a module but a separate script included in the ServiceSupport zip folder of the ServiceFunctions toolbox. It's accessible in this document: https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/media/pdf/learn-arcgis/configuring-citizen-problem-... 

The script I was running was servicefunctions.py found in the same folder as send_email.py.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Jared... The script servicefunctions.py imports sendemail 

crowdsource-reporter-scripts/servicefunctions.py at master · Esri/crowdsource-reporter-scripts · Git... 

So I am not sure how it is all set up, but perhaps you might have to contact the authors or start and issue on GitHub if ho one follows here.

It might be worth while looking at the open or closed issues to see if there is something similar

Issues · Esri/crowdsource-reporter-scripts · GitHub 

Good luck

0 Kudos