AnsweredAssumed Answered

Content within Distributed Collaboration Group does not load from outside Local Network

Question asked by pmccord_wayne on Sep 23, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2020 by Lapoutra

I've set up Distributed Collaboration between my organization's installation of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and ArcGIS Online. My goal is to have the content on Portal for ArcGIS that is shared to the Distributed Collaboration workspace viewable to the public. This would primarily be web apps that reside on our internal servers but that we want the general public to be able to view. 

I believe the Distributed Collaboration configuration is set up correctly. In other words, if I share content from Portal to the Distributed Collaboration group, then I see that content in the appropriate folder on ArcGIS Online. I can click on an application, for example, and it displays with no issues.

My issue, however, is that when I'm not on my organization's network and I go to, for example, the same link to my application within the Distributed Collaboration folder, then I get the following error: "Unable to create map: Cannot read property 'spatialReference' of undefined." I've also attached a screenshot of the error. Again this only occurs if I'm not on my organization's network.

The layers that are on the web map within the application that is not displaying were published from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Server. We've federated Server with Portal, and everything seems to be behaving appropriately in both programs.

Is this issue related to our configuration of Enterprise and/or our Distributed Collaboration, or is this something related to my organization's network settings.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

Outcomes