Error when registering PostgreSQL database with ArcGIS Server

09-10-2019 03:35 AM
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

I am trying to register a PostgreSQL database with our ArcGIS Server v. 10.7. I get the following error message: "The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Instance not available on the server".

I can connect to the database fine from ArcCatalog on client machines, but I also get an error when I try and connect via ArcCatalog on the server: "Connection timed out. Is the server running on hose <postgresql db servername> and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? SQLSTATE="

I have updated the pg_hba.conf to include the IP address of both the arcgis server and also the portal machine that has the web adaptor installed (our server is federated with Portal). I also confirmed that the postgreSQL login user that I am connecting with has the correct privileges and is the owner of a schema in the database, as per the ESRI documentation.

What am I missing that is preventing me from registering the database with the arcgis server?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

have you checked whether your PostGRE vesion meets the minimum requirement for 10.7?

PostgreSQL database requirements for ArcGIS 10.7.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.4—System Requirements | ArcGIS D... 

0 Kudos
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

Our PostgreSQL version is 9.6.10, so it seems like it meets the minimum requirements for 10.7 and Pro 2.4.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

The min. supported Postgres version is 9.6.12. Can you upgrade to 9.6.12 from x.x.10 and retest?

It is possible there is something in a lower version causing the issue.

--- George T.
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

No,

it does not meet the minimum requirements.

I had a similar issue when I upgraded to server 10.6.1 and my PG was 9.5.10: I was not able to register my database into server.

I would recommend to upgrade.

0 Kudos