QuickCapture Dropping points before submission

Jump to solution
08-29-2019 10:35 AM
cdickerson
New Contributor III

Hey folks,

I know that QuickCapture is still technically in Beta, but has anyone else attempted to use the application and had success?  I created a quick four button app to use to tag addresses where improper recycling as occurred.  Through some general preliminary testing, we have noticed that some of the points that we have plotted are not fully being captured (Example: we collected five points and only two of them and showed up to be submitted & and likewise for another nine points only 6 showed up to be submitted).  Has anyone else had this issue yet and could this be explained due to the application is still in BETA?  Finally, we attempted to collect up to about 20 points and received an submission error, and nothing was able to be submitted.  Has anyone encountered this and does anyone know if there is a limit on how many points can be collecting before submitting?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris.  It is not expected that data captured with the app fails to upload. The QuickCapture mobile app is in General Release since June 26 2019. Only QuickCapture designer, the web tool you use to create QuickCapture projects in in Beta at the moment.  There is a fair number of organizations using QuickCapture in production at the moment.

For example:

It would be worth investigating why you are not getting your features uploaded.   Please feel free to submit  an Esri Technical Support incident so we can follow up with you. Alternatively, you can also email the QuickCapture team directly at QuickCapture@esri.com with your contact details so we can take it from there.  Please also share the following:

• Mobile phone or tablet model you are using
  • Version of QuickCapture mobile app
  • ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. If Enterprise, version number.
  • Details about your test project:
    • Do you include photos?
    • Are you capturing points or polylines/polygons

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris.  It is not expected that data captured with the app fails to upload. The QuickCapture mobile app is in General Release since June 26 2019. Only QuickCapture designer, the web tool you use to create QuickCapture projects in in Beta at the moment.  There is a fair number of organizations using QuickCapture in production at the moment.

For example:

It would be worth investigating why you are not getting your features uploaded.   Please feel free to submit  an Esri Technical Support incident so we can follow up with you. Alternatively, you can also email the QuickCapture team directly at QuickCapture@esri.com with your contact details so we can take it from there.  Please also share the following:

• Mobile phone or tablet model you are using
  • Version of QuickCapture mobile app
  • ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. If Enterprise, version number.
    • Do you include photos?
    • Are you capturing points or polylines/polygons

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cdickerson
New Contributor III

Thanks Ismael for the the response.  I will start documenting and capturing screenshots of any issues that we encounter.  I'm not 100 percent certain on the main cause of points not uploading but we will start tracking any and all issues to encounter.  The people that were unable to send points are no longer getting errors and I do not believe we changed any settings for the application or the feature layer.  I had them uninstall the app and reinstall it late last week and was able to follow up with the people this morning.  As we come across any additional issues I will let your team know. The following are some of the answers to the questions you asked.

• Mobile phone or tablet model you are using?
    • Range of IOS (12.4.1) and Android (various)
  • Version of QuickCapture mobile app?
    • App verison 1.1.50
  • ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?
Thanks again.