Adding audio to arcGIS story maps?

Jump to solution
08-19-2019 12:03 PM
DavidGoren1
New Contributor

Does arcGIS story maps include the ability to add audio like one could in ESRI story maps? If not, why not? It doesn't appear to be possible from a look at the template...which seems to offer only video as an option.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi David -- ArcGIS StoryMaps was just released last month, so we haven't had time to build in all the features from the classic templates yet. But we're working on lots more! Adding the ability to upload audio to your story will be added in a future release, but at this time we don't have any more specific information to share about when this might be available.

For now, you can use audio hosting services like SoundCloud via the "embed" option to add audio to your stories.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi David -- ArcGIS StoryMaps was just released last month, so we haven't had time to build in all the features from the classic templates yet. But we're working on lots more! Adding the ability to upload audio to your story will be added in a future release, but at this time we don't have any more specific information to share about when this might be available.

For now, you can use audio hosting services like SoundCloud via the "embed" option to add audio to your stories.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
ElliotCaunce
New Contributor

Hello! I have a follow-up question regarding sound. I've used the new version of story-maps to upload some videos but the sound is not playing... on the old version you could toggle it on and off but I can't find anyway to do that now. Does this mean none of videos can have sound? If so, I guess i'll just have to link videos from Vimeo instead but I prefer the immersive sidecart and slideshow option. Any help greatly apprecaited as project due in 2 days

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Correct, uploaded videos are for background use only and and there isn't currently a way to toggle the sound on. We're working on more options for adding linked videos for an upcoming release.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
LarsArneson
New Contributor III

Owen Evans‌ is there any sort of timeline for when the "upcoming release" that includes audio and video with audio will be coming out? Or is it already out? Thanks!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The first batch of audio features is planned to be released in the summer.

Owen Evans