AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does "watch a folder for a new csv/json file" input connector not support UTF-8 encoding?

Question asked by liushresrichina-com-cn-esridist Employee on Aug 15, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2019 by rsunderman-esristaff

@RJ Sunderman   @Earl Medin 

I  use  "wath a folder for a new csv/json file " input connector to ingest the real time data , and find that it works well in files that do not contain chinese characters,  if I change some field names or field value to chinese characters in the same file and it does't work, even though I have changed the file's encoding to "UTF-8". so I want to know that does these input connector support UTF-8?

and another question about this connector is that , the parameter of Expected Date Format  will convert the data time to what format? I format it like this"yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss" and the input datetime is "2019/7/28 9:12" and the output datetime format become to "2019-07-28T09:12:00.000+08:00"(write to a csv file output), it is seems that it change the datetime to "UTC+8"? and then it looks like this "7/28/2019, 09:12 AM" in portal viewer througt the attribute table ,which the feature layer is published by geoevent with "add a feature to a spatiotemporal big data store" output connector.

I am a little confused about these datetime, does they mean the same time? is there any methord to keep the three of them in the same way to expressing the datetime?

thank you!

Outcomes