Edit related table records in Survey123 and web form

08-14-2019 04:43 PM
YuyingLi
New Contributor II

Hello,

It is my understanding that starting from version 2.4 later, the edit related table records are supported. Following the document (Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ), this is what I dd

1. I put "allowUpdates=true" at the bind::esri:parameters column on a begin repeat question (please see the attachment).

2. Republish to the existing service (editing the existing service)

3. Re-download form in Survey123 - still cannot edit

4. I also tried the web form - no luck either

On Survey123 portal - data tab...if I want to edit the data - I got the error: editing of existing record is not supported on surveys with repeat...

Did  I miss anything? What's the correct work flow to edit the existing data with repeat?

thanks,

Yuying

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Yuying Li‌,

Try using the expression query allowUpdates=true in the bind::esri:parameters field.

YuyingLi
New Contributor II

Thank you Lance - 

This is what I tried: 

1. Update the spreadsheet to have query allowUpdates=true at the "begin Repeat" row

2. Republish the survey to the existing service

So either in survey123 or the web form, I could tell there are 2 entries, but content is still not shown? I am using the grid format, will that matter? Though the web form seems not following the grid layout.

Spreadsheet upate

shows the count but no data

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

yyingli 

1) Can you upload a copy of the XLSForm or a functional copy that demonstrates the issue you are having?  To upload a file to GeoNet; select reply to this thread then click the "Use advanced editor" option at the top of the reply box.  This will enable the option to attach a file at the bottom.

2) What version of Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS are you using to publish your survey?  I have several surveys running that support editing data contained in repeats from the field app that are published using version 3.5.157.  I believe the newest version is 3.5.166 for Windows. 

0 Kudos
YuyingLi
New Contributor II

Sure. The XLSForm is attached. I am on the latest 3.5.166 version of Survey123 Connect

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Yuying Li‌,

I downloaded your XLSForm, loaded it into Survey123 Connect and published it to AGOL and it is running and I can edit the repeat data at least for disturbances, actions and grasses.  I did not check the others.  When I loaded it into Survey123 Connect using New Survey > File,  I had to:

1. Remove the submission_url on the settings tab as I am using my own portal
  2. The XLSForm also has three links embedded in the excel file.  I just removed these for testing but it may have broke some functionality of your survey.  You may have cut and pasted between workbooks/sheets and introduced these accidently.  These can be viewed on your XLSForm from the Data ribbon under Queries & Connections > Edit Links.

The links point to the files noted above on the path C:\Users\YLI\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs\<filename>.xlsx

YuyingLi
New Contributor II

Lance Cole‌,

Thank you so much reviewing it...where could I find and remove those links?

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Yuying Li‌,

Open your XLSForm, goto the Data ribbon under Queries & Connections > Edit Links. 

The link to AJB Reclamation Survey.xlsx is most likely the correct path for your copy.  I renamed the form to import so appears broken on my copy.  The others can be repointed using the Change Source option in the Edit Links dialog.

LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Yuying Li‌,

Please try the attached updated file.  I copied your XLSForm into a new blank file. Make a copy of your existing xlsx and replace and rename it with this version. You will need to add your submission_url back in as needed.

0 Kudos
YuyingLi
New Contributor II

This is interesting...I did try copy one of the format...so we don’t really need these links, right? If I remove all of them, will that break?

0 Kudos