Select to view content in your preferred language

Does QuickCapture integrate with the other Field Apps?

Jump to solution
08-14-2019 11:37 AM
Labels (1)
AdamLevine
Emerging Contributor
My question is can I open Quick Capture from Collector and pass data (behind the scenes) to it?   In order to connect a record to an existing asset.   Or will this be possible in future updates?  
My use case is a quick way for our grounds staff to indicate a tree needs trimming or needs to be removed.  Doesn't need to be form-centric, it could just be a big button for either option however tying it to an existing tree would be beneficial. 
I was trying this code - arcgis-quickcapture://?itemID=27831d62b7s4e32da6aa642Fbf666f55c&field:TreeId={TreeID} to no avail.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam

We are currently working on support for custom urls and the functionality will be available in 1.2 (Early October).

Please sign up to the QuickCapture Early Adopter Community to get access to a working beta build (and guidance) by the end of this week.

Note that the url scheme does not allow you to update a specific field - so the example above will not work.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam

We are currently working on support for custom urls and the functionality will be available in 1.2 (Early October).

Please sign up to the QuickCapture Early Adopter Community to get access to a working beta build (and guidance) by the end of this week.

Note that the url scheme does not allow you to update a specific field - so the example above will not work.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Note that custom url supporting beta builds are now available on EAC.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Johnathan Hasthorpe‌,

I was trying to follow the directions listed here, but am unable to use that functionality in chrome on an android  9 Galaxy s9+

Any suggestions?

note: the QR code and link from the QR code do work to open the app and the project

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joel

Can you confirm whether you are just trying to launch QuickCapture for ArcGIS directly from the web map by clicking the hyperlink? We are aware of some issues with Chrome launching the URLs in Android, so you could try another browser (e.g Firefox). If this is not a browser issue, can you please share an example of the URL that you are using.

Thanks

John

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Johnathan,

I do believe it is a browser issue and if you're aware of chrome issues I'm good with that.

Thanks

HuongTran1
Occasional Contributor

Johnathan Hasthorpe‌ is it possible to launch Survey123 after capturing a line in quickcapture?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Huong

No this is not possible. Please share your use case and I'll get it added to the enhancement we have for this.

Thanks

John

HuongTran1
Occasional Contributor

We want to collect a line feature and at the end of the collection launch survey123 to collect a form associated with the line, so we can have the two connected by passing the globalID parents to the other feature. Right now i had to switch to using Collector with Survey123, but at first I wanted to use quickcapture survey123. Thanks

DCMcLain
Occasional Contributor

We are trying to do this in our organization as well.  After reporting issues on a right of way patrol, we want to launch a Survey123 form for compliance reporting purposes.  We would also want the Project User Input to transfer over.