Latest version of S123 enforces no null Labels

Jump to solution
07-02-2019 01:15 PM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

We just logged BUG-000123478: Previously functioning Survey123 Survey missing fields in most recent 3.5 release. What's happening is wherever 'pulldata' is used in the xlsx form, and the survey has several groups, some groups and questions are not displayed (iOS, Android, and Windows) with the latest version of S123, that were previously functioning. This doesn't appear to be happening to all surveys, just the really complex ones with groups and several uses of pulldata. I would hold of on updating. I'm not able to share any more specific details as the Survey in this issue is not public-facing, but if you have spare mobile devices handy, make sure you test your surveys with pulldata going on in them before updating all of your devices. 

Joe C was the analyst that took the case and was able to repro within an hour with just one email, which was AWESOME! With folks like Joe at ESRI I have full confidence this bug is getting lots of attention and will be fixed soon. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Turns out we were violating https://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xforms-20031014/slice8.html#ui-commonelems-label and not having some labels, which was preventing nested groups from working in the 3.5 update. Adding labels got the form working. We are looking at having the bug closed. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Thomas.

We are investigating the behavior and will be updating this thread when we have one.  In the meantime, can you please provide us with your XLSForm and any files that are used in the survey that you are seeing this? (CSV's used for pulldata, images, etc...)

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Brandon Armstrong‌ the file is attached to the case attached to the bug, the survey is not public, I'd love to put you in touch with the programmer that developed the form, email would be best. And just to be clear, S123 3.5 fixed a lot of other bugs, works great, just introduced this one very specific one. 

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Turns out we were violating https://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xforms-20031014/slice8.html#ui-commonelems-label and not having some labels, which was preventing nested groups from working in the 3.5 update. Adding labels got the form working. We are looking at having the bug closed. 

BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for giving us the update, Thomas!  I've also sent you a personal message in GeoNet if you're able to take a look.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Done. Perhaps the documentation can be updated to reflect the label text requirement? If it already exists, it's "un-findable"......

0 Kudos