Feature layer not displaying in Explorer app, but displays in AGO

06-14-2019 08:12 AM
JustinRichardson
New Contributor III

I have a map with several layers from one hosted Feature layer.  In ArcGIS Online all of the layers display properly, but when I open the same map in Explorer or Collector, 2 of the 9 layers don't display at all, but they are listed in the legend.  What is really strange is one of the layers is labeled by its attributes and the labels display, but not he point feature.  I've deleted the online map and built a new one from scratch, but the same thing happens.  I've overwritten the Feature layer, but that didn't help either.  This is a map that we've been using for years and have never had this problem.

54 Replies
DavidCrabtree
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issues with the Explorer and Workforce apps, but not with Collector. Open the same map in Collector and Explorer. Works fine in Collector, but not displaying all layers in Explorer.

0 Kudos
JustinRay1
Occasional Contributor

Same deal with me - map has been fine for months and most (maybe all?) point features do not display any longer (though I can still search for them) in the app but work fine in AGOL. Was there an app update recently?

0 Kudos
DavidCrabtree
New Contributor II

I am working with ESRI support right now trying to resolve the issue. Will post updates. 

0 Kudos
JustinRay1
Occasional Contributor

On my call with ESRI they suggested that it is not carrying over ArcMap symbology due to a recent Windows Update. Their work-arounds were A) roll back the Windows Update B) Try publishing from a machine running ArcMap 10.7 (I am on 10.6) or C) Use ArcGIS Online symbology.

0 Kudos
DavidCrabtree
New Contributor II

Okay thanks. I haven't been given any answers yet. I have been answering ESRI supports questions through email. Supposed to talk over the phone with them sometime later today. 

0 Kudos
DavidCrabtree
New Contributor II

What Windows update are they talking about?

0 Kudos
JustinRay1
Occasional Contributor

They sent me this as the problem update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4503276/june-11-2019-kb4503276-os-build-monthly-rollup 

That said, I am running Windows 7, so that wouldn't have caused the problem for me.

0 Kudos
DavidCrabtree
New Contributor II

I am running Windows 10. I uninstalled the last security update, KB4503286, restarted pc and republished the service. Map now displays all features as it should. Maybe look for the last update and uninstall.

DavidCrabtree
New Contributor II

Information I received from ESRI Support Services: It seems that we were encountering a known defect currently affecting point feature classes when displayed in more recent versions of Collector, Explorer, and Workforce. We believe it may be related to the most recent Windows Update KB4503286 as you pointed out, but are still awaiting a more definitive explanation.

Issue appears to only be happening when publishing point feature classes with certain symbologies from ArcMap. Therefore, the workarounds are as follows:
-Publish the feature service from ArcGIS Pro
-Change the symbology manually in ArcGIS Online after publication

0 Kudos