Feature layer not displaying in Explorer app, but displays in AGO

06-14-2019 08:12 AM
JustinRichardson
New Contributor III

I have a map with several layers from one hosted Feature layer.  In ArcGIS Online all of the layers display properly, but when I open the same map in Explorer or Collector, 2 of the 9 layers don't display at all, but they are listed in the legend.  What is really strange is one of the layers is labeled by its attributes and the labels display, but not he point feature.  I've deleted the online map and built a new one from scratch, but the same thing happens.  I've overwritten the Feature layer, but that didn't help either.  This is a map that we've been using for years and have never had this problem.

54 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Ming,

The patch is already built for all Desktop/Server/Engine versions we plan to patch, and testing is almost complete on those patches across all affected versions.  Thus, we expect to have it available soon.

FYI, the ArcGIS Runtime team is also testing their version of the patch (for the local server in Runtime versions affected) but it will be released a bit behind the Desktop/Server/Engine patches.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Esri's patch that resolves this issue in Desktop, Engine, and Server/Enterprise is now posted at https://support.esri.com/en/download/7726

The patch needs to be applied to Server/Enterprise and Desktop installations depending on what type of service you're publishing from ArcMap.

Lastly, be aware that a patch for runtime local server is forthcoming.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

I just ran into this thread because I am experiencing this same issue in the new Collector App. I thought maybe the mapservice had been published from an ArcMap environment without the aforementioned patch, so I shared the MXD again, overwriting the mapservice, from an environment with the patch, but that didn't help.

Joris F.

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

We seem to be having a really similar problem.  However I've found that it is the point symbology from a feature view which isn't showing in the latest Collector etc. (All good in AGOL).  When the original feature layer is used the points are drawn on the map, when the view of the feature layer is used the points do not draw (but are shown in the legend).

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

We are now experiencing something a little similar. We have a polygon layer symbolised by a field called 'Feature Type'. Everything displays fine in ArcGIS Online web maps, and in the Field Maps app. However in ArcGIS Explorer, one of the Feature Types is not shown in the map (despite showing in the legend). We have tried changing the symbology for this Feature Type in case it was too complex but to no avail. This was working properly until recently.

0 Kudos