AnsweredAssumed Answered

Attribute Rules in a versioned GDB with rec/post Python scripts?

Question asked by wilcowart on Jun 14, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2019 by mvolz47

ArcGIS Server v 10.5

ArcPro v 2.3.3

many of our GDBs in server are versioned and most or all of them have scripts that run nightly/weekly to rec/post edits (written in Python v 2.7) and pass data to a 3rd party viewer for parcels, etc

we can perform basic parcel maintenance in Pro, but the functionality really comes around when we combine editing in Pro with attributerules to streamline/QC the data as we work

the problem is that applying attribute rules in Pro effectively removes the feature class from the Enterprise GDB (Unless you're accessing it via Pro v 2.1 or later) - that means the scheduled scripts we rely on for Rec/Post and data transfer don't work on feature classes with attributerules applied in Pro

my first thought is to simply duplicate the FC in Enterprise, apply the Att Rules to the new FC, and proceed with edits there. Then I can rig up a drop/replace script to pass the data from the new FC to the original FC (the one utilized by our scheduled tasks for data transfer and Rec/Post)

So my question: can anyone suggest a better solution? could I rewrite the Rec/Post and data transfer scripts in a different version of Python that might actually work with Pro and Attribute Assistant?

I'll be testing this idea, but I thought I'd ask here in case there's a better way

Outcomes