I am working from ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3, win 10 64bit, with a file database that is stored on a network drive. After running the Feature Class to Feature Class tool and loading in some data to the new feature class, my database has become locked. When I try to edit any of the information within the database, I get an error message in Pro which states "unable to edit feature". I opened Desktop and I get an error message saying that "I do not have the required permissions".
- I have checked in the file folder to see if there were some schema lock files that I could delete, nothing there.
- The folder is not read only.
- I copied the file folder onto my desktop to see if that made any difference, no change.
- My database is not compressed.
- I exported a feature class out of the database and then was able to edit it, but I do not seem to be able to replicate/copy the database itself using ESRI tools.
While I have the ability to recover my database, I am concerned that this issue will present itself again when I run the tool in the future.
Does anyone know what could be going on?
This thread is for desktop and mentions some issues. - https://community.esri.com/thread/63440
One person reported an issue using pro and something that may be a result of how metadata is being stored. :