Another question about "Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File"

Jump to solution
05-14-2019 11:37 PM
PatricWiström
New Contributor

Hello!

I saw the earlier question about missing NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription key in the Info.plist file. Now App Store Connect is complaining about another missing key: 

"Missing Purpose String in Info.plist - Your app's code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app's Info.plist file should contain a NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data will be required to include a purpose string. If you're using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn't contain the APIs."

Is there another update of Cloud Make necessary or is there a way getting around this? I have tried editing the appinfo.json file but with no luck.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Patric, 

What AppStudio app or template are you using? What version of AppStudio Desktop (Cloud Make) are you using?

Technically, if you use Bluetooth related functionality and enable the Bluetooth capability in the setting or appinfo.json file, Cloud Make should pick this up, then add the necessary String including NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription in the .plist file. 

Thank you,

Erwin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Patric, 

What AppStudio app or template are you using? What version of AppStudio Desktop (Cloud Make) are you using?

Technically, if you use Bluetooth related functionality and enable the Bluetooth capability in the setting or appinfo.json file, Cloud Make should pick this up, then add the necessary String including NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription in the .plist file. 

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
PatricWiström
New Contributor

Hi Erwin!

My misstake. The Bluetooth capability was not enabled in settings. (Apple requested the string to be present anyway...)

Thanks!

Patric

0 Kudos