IOS Map Attachement bug in Survey 123 Code

04-30-2019 07:05 AM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the latest code for survey123 available in AppStudio.  I am wondering if anyone has seen an issue on IOS with the new Map Capture/Attachement functionality.  This doesn't happen in appstudio desktop, but does happen on the AppStudio App and the native IOS app that i build.  Here is what happens

1. I fist have a survey with attachements, I then add attachment

2. I then select the Map Icon and center my map where I want the snap shot to be taken, then click the check box

3. After i click the check box, the snap shot appears to only take a snap shot of the top left quadrant of the map?  This is only on IOS as i have confirmed the behavior does not happen on android,  Notice the pin below is in the lower right corner of the snap shot and not in the center?

4. The resulting attachment then looks the same

Is this a know bug to Survey 123, or is this only a bug in the code available in AppStudio

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MKa
by

This also appears to happen for the camera and the photo selection option.  If you select a map/photo/take picture, in the new XFormSketchCapture it appears to only take the upper left of the picture/image.  Is this a know bug for this code?

0 Kudos
MKa
by

I have figured out how to get this to work in IOS and had to comment out the lines of code XFormSketchCanvas.qml that specifically reference IOS.  Here are the 3 places I had to comment out the scaleFactor code to get the sketch to work on IOS.  Is this known?

XFormSketchCanvas.qml - 286

if (Qt.platform.os === "osx" || Qt.platform.os === "ios") {
            //scaleFactor = Screen.devicePixelRatio; 
        }

XFormSketchCanvas.qml - 370

console.warn("Using Qt canvas bug workaround scaleFactor:", scaleFactor);
        }

XFormSketchCanvas.qml - 390

console.warn("Using Qt canvas bug workaround scaleFactor:", scaleFactor);
        }
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

This is occurring due to a previous workaround of scaling being addressed in Qt and has been addressed for the next version of Survey123.

0 Kudos