Maintain multiple annotation subtypes for feature classes with definition queries

01-24-2019 10:16 AM
AnneSanta_Maria1
New Contributor III

Hello World, 

I have an annotation feature class with two annotation subtypes that represent two separate feature classes (all residing in an SDE environment). The labels represent buildings names and numbers. 

What I would like to do is set a definition query on my feature class and then only display the associated annotation for those features using one primary field. If I conduct a join from the feature class to the annotation class I can only maintain a join on one of those subtypes and the other subtypes disappear. The purpose is to display ALL the subtypes and maintain all the label components with a single join. Is there a way to set up a join on the annotation class based on a single field but maintain the additional subtypes?

If not this secondary question might be more reasonable, is there a way to set up a common ID field that links annotation and feature classes separate from the feature ID and object ID link and for that field to auto-generate when a features annotation is generated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Hi Anne,

Can you share sample data along with visual representation of your workflow and  requirement explained in the above post.  This will help us to answer or provide suggestion.

Thanks,

Biraja

0 Kudos