Inbound data interoperability API or Service

12-18-2018 08:49 AM
MichaelBarber
New Contributor II

Does ESRI provide any "inbound data" mechanism, specifically a service API for data import, that allows data to be added/imported from some other source into it's own geodatabase? 

Everything I've seen like Feature Services or Map services are external facing "advertised services" that are to be consumed by other applications to transfer data "outbound" to other sources.

Or, is there a way to map field-by-field an auxiliary database of a different database vendor type (like Oracle) directly to the ESRI geodatabase or a different type (like PostgreSql) and have it constantly synchronized in real-time or is cumbersome script-based ETL the only mechanism (like DBConvert/DBSync or other similar script based solution)?

I'm just learning the ESRI product-line so thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a stupid question.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

HI Michael,

Do you have any specific workflow in mind. Can you provide your Enterprise geodatabase environment and workflow you wanted to accomplish. This may help us to provide you different options.

Thanks,

Biraja

0 Kudos