Collector - Append existing data?

01-18-2019 10:41 AM
SiranErysian2
New Contributor III

We are gearing up to collect data using our iPads and the same workflow as last year. Field workers have updated some of the locations and I will calculated those locations in my Arc Map project which will be republished as the Service. I would like to know what is the best way to update the existing maps on AGOL  to reflect these new locations and still maintain  the existing attachments (photos) and  other information. I downloaded a FGDB for each project and will update the lat/long fields. Do I republish the feature service and I'm good to go? What about the Append in Update Data on the on the Overview page for the existing data on AGOL? Is this a better way to go? There are several supported file types. Which is best to use if any?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattD
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

If you are just updating the lat and long values after making edits in collector, for your service you can use the field calculator in ArcGIS Online - Calculate field values—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

You can append data directly in ArcGIS pro or make edits in ArcGIS Online. it's a bit redundant to download the file geodatabase, as you can access these services in your desktop application to make changes.

Add a web feature layer for editing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

0 Kudos