AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create Survey123 survey but only allow attributes to be updated on existing feature service

Question asked by geonb_bernie on Jan 14, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2019 by JTedrick-esristaff

Hello,

I am creating a survey to support the parks and rec staff to help them change the status of our sport fields from "OPEN" to "CLOSED".  When the fields are too wet for sports they must be "CLOSED".  Once the status is set messages will be triggered to social media. 

I have created a hosted feature service in AGOL that shows all of our sport fields with their name, type, address, and status.  I have set the editing to "Update attributes only".  I have created a Survey123 form that only has one question:  "Field status - OPEN or CLOSED".

But here is my problem - when the survey is opened in the Survey123 app on a mobile device the user still has the option to choose "Collect" which will create a new record without a geopoint.  I would like my survey to be restricted to just the "Inbox" (existing records).  Is this possible??  I thought setting the feature service editing to "Update attributes only" would prevent Survey123 from creating new records.

Outcomes