AnsweredAssumed Answered

iOS Certificate Error in AppStudio Cloud Make

Question asked by sirhcybe4 on Jan 11, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2019 by sirhcybe4

We are trying to do an iOS cloud make for our Appstudio app (version 3.1.134) and after queuing the build we get this error:

Cannot read iOS identity from iOS certificate.

Check the iOS certificate has not expired and that you have supplied the valid password.

We are using iOS Development certificates tied to the Apple IDs in our Organizational Apple Developer Program Team and the development provisioning profile is linked to those certificates. I created a sample native app in XCode with the same Bundle Id as my AppStudio app and the same certificate and provisioning profile worked to build and sideload to an iPad. So I think the certificate and provisioning profile are valid. I have verified that I am entering the correct password for my .p12 file so I know it's not that and this same error is occurring for multiple developers. We are able to do successful iOS cloud makes using a distribution certificate and ad hoc distribution provisioning profile. Is there something about development certificates and development provisioning profiles that is incompatible with AppStudio cloud makes?  I don't see anything that we are doing wrong in the AppStudio documentation for signing iOS apps (Sign your app—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS).

Outcomes