Select to view content in your preferred language

Shortlist Story Maps no longer displaying HTML headings (h1) correctly

Jump to solution
01-04-2019 02:40 PM
BrittanyMcKnight1
Occasional Contributor

I have two Shortlist Story Maps, which were created using the "use them as-is" method for the places. The two applications reference the same places layer (hosted feature service published from a CSV using the template) and are virtually identical except for when they were created. Shortlist A was created in July 2018 whereas Shortlist B was created in November 2018. The description field for my places layer contains HTML and CSS, which appears correctly with the exception of h1 headings. In Shortlist A there is no issue; however, in Shortlist B the heading displays as the code itself instead of the actual text. See below. 

Shortlist A

Shortlist B

Was there a change with the app's style sheet or am I missing something? This happens with every new Shortlist that I create whereas it was not an issue in the past. 

Thank you!

Rupert Essinger

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi Brittany

Sorry about the issue. This is the expected behavior however because for security reasons in mid 2018 we introduced HTML sanitization into the Story Map apps to bring them into line with the ArcGIS Online support HTML (we do whitelist a small number of other tags in addition to what is in that list to support specific functionality in certain apps, like the hr, source and iframe in Shortlist). These rules kick in for stories created after our mid 2018 release but for backwards compatibility, don't apply to stories created before then. 

Instead of using h1 could you try using other tags to get a similar formatting look? 

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi Brittany

Sorry about the issue. This is the expected behavior however because for security reasons in mid 2018 we introduced HTML sanitization into the Story Map apps to bring them into line with the ArcGIS Online support HTML (we do whitelist a small number of other tags in addition to what is in that list to support specific functionality in certain apps, like the hr, source and iframe in Shortlist). These rules kick in for stories created after our mid 2018 release but for backwards compatibility, don't apply to stories created before then. 

Instead of using h1 could you try using other tags to get a similar formatting look? 

Rupert

0 Kudos