Select to view content in your preferred language

Remove Header Story Map Journal

Jump to solution
01-04-2019 12:43 PM
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to embed a story map journal within another story map. Normally i can use the & embed tag to remove the header but this does not work with the story map journal. Is there a way to remove the header so that i can embed it in another storymap. I could just remove all of content but i would still have the space there. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

Hi Benjamin, the &embed parameter isn't supported for Story Map Journals. Via the Settings dialog in the Map Journal Builder you can turn off the content that appears in the header to make it less conspicuous, such as the 'A Story Map' text, the logo, and the sharing buttons. But you can't turn off the header in a Journal using the &embed like you can in Story Map Tour, Story Map Series, Story Map Shortlist, Story Map Swipe/Spyglass and Story Map Basic. This is because once you proceed beyond the home section of a Journal, the header is automatically used to display the title of the Journal. We do have an enhancement logged to allow the &embed parameter to hide the header in the home section. If that would be useful, or if you would rather &embed let you hide the header in all the sections of a Journal, let us know. Feel free too if you'd like to submit an ArcGIS Idea detailing how you'd prefer it worked.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II

Hi Benjamin, the &embed parameter isn't supported for Story Map Journals. Via the Settings dialog in the Map Journal Builder you can turn off the content that appears in the header to make it less conspicuous, such as the 'A Story Map' text, the logo, and the sharing buttons. But you can't turn off the header in a Journal using the &embed like you can in Story Map Tour, Story Map Series, Story Map Shortlist, Story Map Swipe/Spyglass and Story Map Basic. This is because once you proceed beyond the home section of a Journal, the header is automatically used to display the title of the Journal. We do have an enhancement logged to allow the &embed parameter to hide the header in the home section. If that would be useful, or if you would rather &embed let you hide the header in all the sections of a Journal, let us know. Feel free too if you'd like to submit an ArcGIS Idea detailing how you'd prefer it worked.

Rupert

0 Kudos