AnsweredAssumed Answered

S123 and non-unique database field name (existing feature service)

Question asked by jknowles@usbr.gov_USBR on Jan 4, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 7, 2019 by jknowles@usbr.gov_USBR

I'm developing an S123 form using an existing feature service that has a common key in three related feature classes. The field name is the same, but they are in different feature classes. The Survey123 documentation states:

• The name column determines the name of the ArcGIS feature service column in which the response to the question will be stored. No spaces or special characters are allowed in this column. No two rows can have the same content.

The feature service also has relationship classes using globalid-guid and takes advantage of this. There are several reasons why we use this common key. One is in this thread related to parent-grandchild relationships. My latest reason is for wanted to use the batch attribute editor widget in WAB. This requires that fields have the same name if you want to batch edit the same field in different feature classes.

I know this is possible because I did it...the xlsform give a warning by highlighting the cells red, but otherwise it publishes just fine and collects data without any issue. But I'm just curious if this is likely to be possible in the future. In other words, is it probable that future releases will make this no longer possible. 

Outcomes