How can I remove Feature Collection name from Feature Layers within the collection?

12-17-2018 11:56 AM
DanielShaffer2
New Contributor III

Using OOTB functionality and perhaps modifying JSON in ArcGIS Online Assitant, can I display ONLY the Feature Layer (sublayer) names of a Feature Collection in a Web Map/Web App from WebApp Builder? I do not want to see the Feature Collection name in front of each contained Feature Layer Name.

I have found where I can change the Feature Collection name in the Web Map (in its JSON), but that just changes both the Feature Collection Name and the FC name shown before the Feature Layer name.

See the attached image. I want to remove what is in the red boxes. Any suggestions?

Again, I'm using only ArcGIS Online web maps, the Web App Builder and am publishing the initial service from ArcMap (10.4.1). I have some experience with AGOL Assitant. If anything can be done in ArcMap in VB.Net or VBA, I can also do that...probably...it's been a while.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the web map viewer you can rename each layer:

0 Kudos
JesseCrofutt
New Contributor II

Is there a way to prevent this? I have to rename 40 layers everytime I upload a map.

0 Kudos