AnsweredAssumed Answered

Configuration Issue Crashing

Question asked by mjk5000 on Dec 13, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2019 by mjk5000

I have built an ArcGIS pro sdk configuration in order to slim down our application.  Everything has been working great.  We created an install script that alters a users registry to always look to our network drive for the latest .proConfiX file.  So all users now have this in their registry with the path being our deploy location

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Settings" /v "ConfigurationFolder" /t REG_SZ /d "X:\PathTo\Configuration\Network\Location" /f

This has worked so that a user seamlessly and without any effort gets the latest configuration that we release.  They have a shortcut on their Desktop that references which configuration we want them to load.  This /config uses our network location from above

ArcGISPro.exe" /config:OURCONFIGURATION.proConfigX

When a new configX file is discovered (We did a new release), I am guessing that the process is to copy that configX file down to the local users computer and unpack it to %LOCALAPPDATA%\ESRI\ArcGISPro\AssemblyCache\{XXXXX}.

All of this seems to work great.  Except lately some of our users are getting random startup crashes when they first try and open our application for the first time after the .proConfiX file has been updated.  It seems the only way that I can get the application to open is to manually delete the unpacked file %LOCALAPPDATA%\ESRI\ArcGISPro\AssemblyCache\{XXXXX}

I think somehow when it looks to the configuration directory it is not clearing it out correctly or somehow it is becoming corrupt?

Has anyone seen any issues with this, and am I missing something in my configuration to ensure it clears out the assembly cache on the discovery of a new .proConfigX.

Outcomes