Survey123 wont "unpack" my surveys

12-03-2018 01:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am working on a survey123 document of mine inspectors to use while in the field. I have created the survey using Survery123 Connect, and published it to AGOL. I want to change some colors in my survey so I opened up Connect and attempted to open my survey. I get an error message telling me that the survey is not on my computer and I have to download it. After I accept the survey downloads and "unpacks" indefinably, never to let me change anything. This issue was not happening to me a month ago and I have been experiencing lots of Survey123 issues over the last 2 weeks, including my surveys being deleted and disappearing, as well as my thumbnails not uploading.

Has anyone else been experiencing these problems?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

What version of Survey123 Connect are you using?  There has been an issue with a symptom similar to what you described that has been fixed in 3.1.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello James,

I was using Survey123 Connect 3.0.149, and I was experiencing these errors. I have updated to 3.1.126, I haven't had time to check and see if the issue are still there.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello James, 

Has this issue been resolved? I am currently running Survey123 Connect 3.1.126 and I have Survey123 Connect Beta through the Developers page. I have a survey that has been created, published, and used that I can find and open on my iPad. When I open Connect my survey has the Cloud icon next to it, when I click the survey I am prompted to download the survey, after downloading the survey "unpacks" indefinitely. This survey was created on my computer and I still have the Excel file on my computer. I dont understand why I need to download and unpack a survey that is already on my computer, and why it never unpacks. I thought this issue was fixed with the most recent update but it seems to still be an issue. Is there a solution, other than deleting and republishing the survey (which would delete all my data)?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

This sounds like a different scenario than the issue I mentioned (which had to do with thumbnails).  Yes, if the survey is on your computer, you shouldn't need to redownload it, unless settings like webhooks have been added to the published version.  As for it hanging, could you create a log file of the download attempt (start logging as per Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS , and then attempt to download) - that would help identify what is occurring. 

0 Kudos