Web Map Layer Filter by Logged User

11-25-2018 05:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need to create a workflow for Collector in which different users work with the same map but when they open it they only see the content that is relevant to them.

I thought about incorporating a username field into the table and then using it as a #filter‌‌.

It is possible to generate this filter (possibly through AGOL Assistant) to take into account this dynamic value?

Thanks.

10 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Javier,

> .... different users work with the same map but when they open it they only see the content that is relevant to them.

FYI, on the feature layer's Item Details page > Settings tab > Editing - you can select the option for Editors to only see their own features.

Another option to look into, you could try leveraging a feature layer view,

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
NathanKoski
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

I am currently trying to do this same thing. I have several pre-built features that I want field crews to be able to edit/update in Collector, but I need to restrict them to only edit and view the ones they are assigned. 

Is it possible to transfer the "owner" of a pre-created feature to a certain editor so as to then allow the editor to see it? I know the creator field is uneditable. 

Thanks!

Nate

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nathan,

> I have several pre-built features that I want field crews to be able to edit/update in Collector, but I need to restrict them to only edit and view the ones they are assigned. 

Please take a look at using feature layer views, this might meet your needs,

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

> Is it possible to transfer the "owner" of a pre-created feature to a certain editor so as to then allow the editor to see it?

No, this is not supported.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MikailaBell
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

We have a similar requirement. We use Survey123 with Collector for field support or situation awareness. The challenge is that we use Inbox assignments only. So we want the field inspector to see their own assigned work, and only their work, on the Collector map. Sure, we could set up a filtered feature service layer for every single one of the 40+ field team. But that's cumbersome. It would be nice to mirror the Inbox filter on S123 forms, such that the logged in user sees what is queried to them by UserID.  I think that's the unmet need -- for me, at least. 

Please let me know if I'm missing some kind of dynamic filter on the feature service layer? If that works by user ID in Collector, then bingo. 

MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I have the same need. We're starting an AGOL project with 159 counties.  Each county only needs access to the data relevant to them. Right now the only solution appears to be creating 159 groups with 159 feature layer views. That's just too much to handle. Being able to set a filter by logged-in-user would help.

João_CarlosPinto_Fernandes
New Contributor III

I have the same need.

KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Opening this back up as its been a while and a number of changes have been made through ArcGIS Online.

Still no way to filter a layer by username?

Edit: Use case for myself would be having many contractors login to Field Maps to manage things such as projects. I do not want contractors to see other contractors assigned projects.

Creating view layers/webmaps/field forms/etc for many contractors is impractical

rajeshmenda1
New Contributor

I too have same need. Can any one please post a solution for this requirement.

Filter the layers in map according to GetUser

0 Kudos
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

Same need here, this would be very helpful to be able to basically assign features for different field crews.

0 Kudos