AnsweredAssumed Answered

Now Flickr is dead, what is the best photo hosting place?

Question asked by MidnightYell2003 Champion on Nov 14, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2018 by MidnightYell2003

I know, I know, Flickr isn't dead. According to some, they're just being reasonable. In any case, Smugmug's acquisition of Flickr means that Flickr free accounts (which formerly allowed 1 TERABYTE of photo and video hosting) will be limited to 1,000 uploaded photos.

I imagine this will break many story maps once Flickr/Smugmug starts slowly deleting these photos. I know mine will. Here is their announcement:

https://www.flickr.com/lookingahead/

This is what it says "

Free accounts will soon be limited to 1,000 photos or videos. Flickr isn’t Flickr without the contributions and participation of our free members, and we remain committed to a vibrant free offering.

If you are a free member with more than 1,000 photos or videos, you will have ample time to upgrade to Pro (for 30% off your first year) or download your photos and videos.* Read more about this decision.

". 'Ample time' means February

Questions: Does Esri have a good solution for photo hosting that will integrate with Story Maps and other ArcGIS Online areas? Since Google Picasa is dead, will Esri use Google Photos as a solution (or is Google Photos not sharing-friendly enough)?

tagging Owen Evans and Rupert Essinger

Outcomes