Raster Analysis Server Configuration

Jump to solution
11-13-2018 05:22 AM
KjellTimalm
New Contributor III

I'm setting up an ArcGIS Enterprise for Raster Analyctics environment 10.6.1. I'm following these instructions:

Configure and deploy ArcGIS Enterprise for raster analytics—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

When it comes to the Raster Analysis server part and configuring the data store it says:

Register the data store with ArcGIS Image Server. Raster analysis services store processed rasters in a data store. This can be either a file share or cloud store type of data store.

1. To use a folder, use ArcGIS Server Manager, register a UNC share in the data store, and name it _raster_store.

But when I later validate the federated servers in the Portal I get an error saying that this raster analysis server doesn't have a raster store configured. When I change the datastore type to "Raster Store" it works but in the instructions it doesn't say it has to be configured as "Raster Store".

My enviroment consist of two Image servers, one for raster analysis and one for Image Hosting except for the basic ArcGIS Enterprise setup.  

Am I missing something in the instructions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasNoble
Esri Contributor

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I went ahead and submitted Feedback on the documentation asking for the additional step of selecting Raster Store as the data store type to be included in step 5 of the section titled Set Up an ArcGIS raster analysis server

You can also submit feedback on this document by using the link at the very bottom, "Feedback on this topic?"

That said, the section titled Image Hosting server further down in the same document does cover this detail in step 3:

1. Install ArcGIS Server.

2. Authorize ArcGIS Server with an ArcGIS Image Server license.

3. Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and browse to Site > Data Stores. Register a new raster store.

Best,

Thomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasNoble
Esri Contributor

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I went ahead and submitted Feedback on the documentation asking for the additional step of selecting Raster Store as the data store type to be included in step 5 of the section titled Set Up an ArcGIS raster analysis server

You can also submit feedback on this document by using the link at the very bottom, "Feedback on this topic?"

That said, the section titled Image Hosting server further down in the same document does cover this detail in step 3:

1. Install ArcGIS Server.

2. Authorize ArcGIS Server with an ArcGIS Image Server license.

3. Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and browse to Site > Data Stores. Register a new raster store.

Best,

Thomas

KjellTimalm
New Contributor III

Thanks for your quick answer.

Best,

Kjell

0 Kudos