Adding CSV Files from Dropbox

Jump to solution
10-28-2018 05:50 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi attempting to load a CSV File from a weblink - Dropbox - Emergency_Services.csv 

Through this method

We get this error

However uploading the same CSV file after downloading it via this method it works

(I know with Org accounts I can choose to connect to a cloud drive and it adds successfully as well) - but with Public accounts this option is not available

What have people done with getting their CSV data from DropBox into ArcGIS Online from a URL?

Thanks

Reference - Using Dropbox files in ArcGIS Online web maps 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

The provided link does not appear to be a link to the actual CSV file, but instead to the web page representing the CSV file in Dropbox. A quick search of the web to find the direct download for Dropbox files yielded a few options, one of which was this:

Solved: Direct download link isn't working on mobile - Dropbox Community - 236563 

This page suggested using dl=1, as follows, which worked for me in the map viewer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh3jw0l1ii7vxfm/Emergency_Services.csv?dl=1 

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the only thing I see different than in Bernie's csv example and your csv link is the ?dl=0 at the end of yours

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan

Thanks for the response dropping the ?dl=0 made no difference

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

The provided link does not appear to be a link to the actual CSV file, but instead to the web page representing the CSV file in Dropbox. A quick search of the web to find the direct download for Dropbox files yielded a few options, one of which was this:

Solved: Direct download link isn't working on mobile - Dropbox Community - 236563 

This page suggested using dl=1, as follows, which worked for me in the map viewer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh3jw0l1ii7vxfm/Emergency_Services.csv?dl=1 

Thanks,

Mike

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi Mike

Thanks - easy fix

John

0 Kudos