Local arcgis_compact bib and editing toolbar problem + ROTATE when editing

02-16-2011 05:49 AM
MarioObendorfer
New Contributor
Hi,

I faced 2 problems when I tried to implement some features in my application today. Let me describe what I tried to do.

I intend to create a label and the rotate the label after creation. E.g. for labeling a street or a river in the right angle. I though about the following steps to complete this goal: Draw an textsymbol on the map and then hand it to the editortoolbar to totate the graphic (by user).

First problem I faced was that I could not include or require the esri.toolbars.edit cause I'm loading the API localy .... in detail arcgis_compact version cause I don't use dojo for my GUI. If I include dojo.require(...edit) i get following error log:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://***/scripts/arcgis_compact/js/esri/toolbars/_GraphicMover.xd.js"
_Graph...r.xd.js
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://***/scripts/arcgis_compact/js/esri/toolbars/_VertexEditor.xd.js"

And subsequent cross domain loading errors when I try to init the toolbar, but that sounds ok if the lib is not loaded properly.

I searched these files and they aren't in this dir ... or they are named in another way ... not capitalized as they are in the errorlog (e.g. _vertexEditor.xd.hs). Renaming does not help.

So here is the first question ... does so know where the problem is here. I thought a lot about it, but didn't get an idea what might cause this issue.

After that I loaded the online sources and the error was gone and I tried to rotate my graphic ... which is a point with a textsymbol. Ok next error saying somethink like ... wrong geometry type ... can't activate editortoolbar. Question here is if I can rotate points with textsymbols ... the API does not prohibit spezial geometries for rotation. If so knows details here I would be thankful for input. Further if so knows another way to complete my goals please feel free to contact me 😉

Sidenote: I know that I could rotate the text with .setAngle() but that's not what I intend to do ;). Further I need to use local resources the app might run in intranet without internet connection.

Greets and thanks in advance, Tol
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffPace
MVP Alum
I had to rename these files in my local api. Additionally, open the file and make sure the
dojo.provide("esri.toolbars._VertexMover") for example is correct case.

That made my errors go away.

Make sure you rename (and repair) both the .js and the .xd.js files, and you rename them in compact and and non.

I believe _GraphicMover, _VertexEditor, and _VertexMover all had this issue, so 2 files each in 2 locations, so 12 total files to check.

Hi,

I faced 2 problems when I tried to implement some features in my application today. Let me describe what I tried to do.

I intend to create a label and the rotate the label after creation. E.g. for labeling a street or a river in the right angle. I though about the following steps to complete this goal: Draw an textsymbol on the map and then hand it to the editortoolbar to totate the graphic (by user).

First problem I faced was that I could not include or require the esri.toolbars.edit cause I'm loading the API localy .... in detail arcgis_compact version cause I don't use dojo for my GUI. If I include dojo.require(...edit) i get following error log:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://***/scripts/arcgis_compact/js/esri/toolbars/_GraphicMover.xd.js"
_Graph...r.xd.js
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://***/scripts/arcgis_compact/js/esri/toolbars/_VertexEditor.xd.js"

And subsequent cross domain loading errors when I try to init the toolbar, but that sounds ok if the lib is not loaded properly.

I searched these files and they aren't in this dir ... or they are named in another way ... not capitalized as they are in the errorlog (e.g. _vertexEditor.xd.hs). Renaming does not help.

So here is the first question ... does so know where the problem is here. I thought a lot about it, but didn't get an idea what might cause this issue.

After that I loaded the online sources and the error was gone and I tried to rotate my graphic ... which is a point with a textsymbol. Ok next error saying somethink like ... wrong geometry type ... can't activate editortoolbar. Question here is if I can rotate points with textsymbols ... the API does not prohibit spezial geometries for rotation. If so knows details here I would be thankful for input. Further if so knows another way to complete my goals please feel free to contact me 😉

Sidenote: I know that I could rotate the text with .setAngle() but that's not what I intend to do ;). Further I need to use local resources the app might run in intranet without internet connection.

Greets and thanks in advance, Tol
0 Kudos