AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom printing in WebApp builder without JavaScript?

Question asked by abrown318 on Oct 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2019 by abrown318

I'm working for a county, tasked with updating the parcel viewer website with newer functionality. I have a strong background in Python and SQL, but I have very little experience working with JavaScript and Esri software, so I'm working with WebApp builder. I've been able to recreate the majority of the old website's functionality but I have a few things I'm still trying to figure out.

If I click on a parcel, I get a popup panel with all the information I want. The basic print widget works and displays all my layers in the outgoing PDF, but doesn't have any of the popup information. The desired output is a PDF with a map view of the parcel as well as the relevant parcel information. I've found a lot of resources on creating custom print widgets and services, but being new to Esri and JavaScript, it's been hard to figure out where to start putting it all together.

Can anyone explain to me in more simplified terms how I might go about doing this? I was able to create a custom hyperlink within the popup that has the parcel ID in it. Would it be easier to make a server process with arcpy to interpret my url parameters and output a PDF rather than trying to make a custom widget? How possible would that be?

Outcomes