http://serverapi.arcgisonline.com/jsapi/arcgis/?v=2.1&debug=please

02-15-2011 03:34 AM
CoreyAlix
Occasional Contributor
I've been trying to complete a fairly trivial mapping application for about 6 months.  I attribute a portion of this delay to seemingly random failures taking place in the compressed dojo & esri javascript code (usually related to extent and resizing).  I've tried mixing uncompressed dojo with ESRI dojo but it only complicates matters (can't easily contain an ESRI control in a container created in another dojo instance) and generally only reveals the trail leading to the problematic area.  I've used beautifiers to try to workaround this issue and generally suffered long enough to know there needs to be a better way.

Does/will ESRI provide an uncompressed version of the dojo CDN, including esri widgets so we can have a fair chance at diagnosing issues with our mapping applications?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
This is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Your best bet is to post specific, targeted questions here (or better yet, gis.se) and work with other users to address the problems you're having (I'm happy to help however I can). There's also Esri support if you're an AGS customer.

That being said, if you've been hung up for six months I would say it's time for you to re-define "trivial" or come to terms with the fact that maybe the JavaScript API isn't for you...
0 Kudos
CoreyAlix
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Derek,

That was about as specific as I wanted to get but here's an example of the what I'm running into:

* I have a grid in a ContentPane in an AccordionContainer. 
* I click a row in the grid causing a topic to be published
* One subscriber causes an InfoWindow to appear on the associated marker
* Another subscriber causes a zoom to that marker

*Sometimes* _infoWindowIsShowing is true but _infoWindowCoords is null.  When this happens the resulting exception renders my accordion widget unusable.  Looking at this code to figure this out isn't ideal:

if(this._infoWindowIsShowing){var _516;if(_515){_516=this.toScreen(this._infoWindowCoords);

This code is some of the easier code to read.  Often every variable is given a _mnnglss name.
0 Kudos