AnsweredAssumed Answered

When Driving Navigation Arrow Going Beyond Map Actual Route

Question asked by mannai_ios_manasa on Sep 25, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2018 by NFurness-esristaff

Dear All,

I was trying to test the map-app-ios with few customization from my side using AGSGeometryEngine Class to speech the direction text, after my integration i was trying to text the app how it was behaving when i am driving. Here with i am attaching 2 screenshot which i found at the time of testing the app, necessary help would be appreciate for the way forward to achieve my goal.

Also here i am attaching few code snippet how i was trying to achieve the text to speech recogniser.

// Tracking the current/updated new location from locatidHandler

mapView.locationDisplay.locatidHandler = { [weak self] location in

// Have a new function and passing the new location to it.

self?.callFunctionAndPlayWith(newLocation: location)

}

// Function Implementation

func  callFunctionAndPlayWith(newLocation: AGSLocation){

// check the Location Point is there or not

guard newLocation.position != nil else {

print("Unable to found the new location position")

return

}

// get the geodeticBufferGeometry from newLocation.position

let geodeticBufferGeometryOfCurrentLocation = self.geodeticBufferGeometry(maneuverGeometry: newLocation.position!)

// Get the route result from Mode

switch self.mode {

case .routeResult(let route):

// Enumerate the array to get the actual index data which intersect the geodeticGeometryValue

route.directionManeuvers.enumerated().forEach { (index, value) in

// Skipping the first Index as its my start location (for testing)

if(index != 0){

// Intersected Index Found from directionManeuvers Array

let isUserIntersectsToPlannedRoute =                      AGSGeometryEngine.geometry(geodeticBufferGeometryOfCurrentLocation, intersects: value.geometry!)

// Check if if intersected then good to go

if(isUserIntersectsToPlannedRoute == true) {

// Check if we already speech then no need to speech again the same direction text

// Else speech as its a newly intersected point to speech

if(self.currentDirectionManeuver?.directionText != value.directionText){

let newInstance = DirectionsDisplayViewController()

newInstance.textToSpeech(directionText: value.directionText)

self.currentDirectionManeuver = value

}

}

}

}

default:

print("Mode is default")

}

}

func geodeticBufferGeometry(maneuverGeometry geometry:AGSGeometry) -> AGSPolygon {

// Capturing 40 Meters Distance for the geodeticBufferGeometry to check the intersect to speech the new route.

return AGSGeometryEngine.geodeticBufferGeometry(geometry, distance: 40, distanceUnit: AGSLinearUnit.meters(), maxDeviation: 1, curveType: AGSGeodeticCurveType.shapePreserving)!

}

The above changes i have done to test the app.

But When Driving Navigation Arrow Going Beyond Map Actual Route or Road. please have a look on the below attached screenshot.

Would be great and helpful if you can suggest some trick how to test the app with Real Time Driving and Navigation.

Outcomes