Is there an existing 3rd party slider control (for data input) - web or desktop?

09-12-2018 09:51 AM
MaribethMilner
New Contributor III

I've been asked to develop a very simple prototype application - either for desktop or web - but the data input MUST be done through slider tools. Esri's slider tools are data filter tools... not data input tools... and there's some question as to whether it's possible to make them in Esri's developer environment. From an Esri contact...

This can be accomplished a couple of ways. One option is to use the Web App Builder (WAB) and either configure the Geoprocessing -  GP widget or create a custom widget using WAB Developer Edition. In terms of what input parameter types are supported it would come down to a combination of what is supported by both the GP service itself and the WAB widget. The number would be no problem but I don’t know for sure if a slider is available. I don’t see anything about sliders discussed in the widget parameter documentation.

If it's not possible to create the control within Esri's developer environment, I would need a 3rd party slider control developed with either a) C# or VB from a Visual Studio .NET framework (desktop) or b) Dojo Toolkit https://dojotoolkit.org/ or something similar (web). I would also need a control button that can take input from the 3 slider tool controls' values and - with a little code - ultimately - display a preconfigured feature file.

I haven't worked in either a .NET or JS framework, so this relatively simple task would need to be contracted out. Before submitting proposals to the requestor... I wondered whether there's a collection of control tools on the web.

0 Kudos
0 Replies